Don’t you just love commercials for prescriptions in which a nice soothing voice talks about the side effects of the medication? “Side effects may include drowsiness, dry mouth, diarrhea, indigestion, loss of appetite.” or “Side effects may include death.” These ads are so weird, I find them amusing. My favorite one is for Mirapex that apparently is a cure for Restless Leg Syndrome (is this a real disease?). “Side effects may include increased gambling, sexual, or other intense urges.” I will leave it up to you to insert a joke here.
After watching my eighth commercial of the day for Cialis or Viagra, I wondered what would be listed as the side effects of blogging.
Let’s start of with some negative ones:
1. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
2. Sore back
3. Vitamin D deficiency from lack of sun (cured by getting a laptop)
And the positives:
1. Increased urge to complain and vent (very therapeutic).
2. May enhance your ability to make up stuff on the fly.
3. Can be done while taking nitrates and while drinking alcohol to excess.
4. A blogging session lasting more than 4 hours is perfectly acceptable and there is no need to seek immediate medical attention.
5. May boost your ability to remember what day of the week it is.
6. Intensifies your urges to make the world a better place.
7. You may become deluded in believing that people actually care about you are saying.
Have any other ones to add to the list?