Have you ever watched a television show or movie and been able to easily guess what would happen next? Chances are, that most of us would answer yes to the above question. Unfortunately, it does not mean that we are geniuses, but instead it is more likely that we have previously seen a similar storyline. In fact, it is a well-guarded Hollywood secret that the same 86 plots are simply recycled and changed just enough that no one really notices.
Luckily for you, I have acquired a plot generator for TV shows/movies that essentially revolve around High School life. Whether your High School Years were the best 4 years of your life, or they were full of more awkward moments than Nicki Minaj’s next trip to church, looking back at those 4 years have proved to be quite entertaining.
Here are the most common story lines that appear in all TV shows and movies that are about High School:
7. A big sports game will happen against a rival school.
10. While their parents are on vacation, a student decides to host a party that ends up getting completely out of control.
11. A school election takes place in which the main character loses to a secondary character–except if a killer dance is performed in front of the entire school in the auditorium.
12. A non-cheerleader is nominated for prom queen as a joke and eventually wins the crown.
16. The nice guy who has always been a good friend has to watch her go out with a jock. This poor soul is regulated into the “friend zone” and his personal torture includes being asked relationship advice from his “would be” girlfriend.
17. A main character becomes pregnant or takes a pregnancy test. If the show/movie takes place before 2000, then the result will be negative. After all, the teen pregnancies can only happen to a supporting character. After 2000, then it is acceptable for the main character to get knocked up.
Did I miss any cliches that need to be included on this list? Leave a comment and let the world know.